A new set of images has been released once again.
This is mostly a refresh. The previous images still work fine for installation. These new images bring updated software, and a few other functional changes.
dinit-chimeracore service set has been overhauled.
- NTP is active by default in the live images, so you will get correct date/time even without RTC as long as connected to the network.
- To avoid having files with timestamps in the future on hardware
without an RTC, the new
swclockservice will synchronize time to at least a specific timestamp.
- PipeWire is now always implicitly active if present.
- The GNOME images no longer come with an X11 server (outside of XWayland). It can still be installed from the contrib repo.
- HDMI audio should now work universally, as well as sound on some laptops and devices such as the Steam Deck.
- And various minor changes.