New images have been released today.
We now support a fairly wide variety of hardware:
- 64-bit x86 EFI and BIOS computers
- AArch64 computers capable of UEFI boot
- RISC-V computers capable of UEFI boot
- Select U-Boot-based AArch64 devices
- Select U-Boot-based RISC-V devices
- POWER architecture computers (POWER8+)
- Virtual machines for all of those
When provided with an external kernel and/or bootloader, Chimera can be made to work even on other devices of supported architectures.
Specific non-UEFI AArch64 devices that are now supported are the Pinebook Pro, MNT Reform 2 and Raspberry Pi 3/4/400, in addition to virtualized qemu systems.
RISC-V has explicit support for the HiFive Unmatched in addition to virtualized qemu systems (plain or OpenSBI).
The list of devices is subject to further expansion over time.